Sunday, June 22, 2008

We Did It!

Today we helped to raise more than RM10k for the victims of Sichuan earthquake and Myanmar cyclone disasters with many other Good Samaritans of Bandar Country Homes (BCH). Felicitations! Congratulations!
Actually I was roped in by my mom to help her and her friends who took part in this fundraising event. Together, we sold cakes, cheese tarts, and "kuih". The cakes and tarts were bought from another person, while the "kuih" (if I am not mistaken, the "kuih" are known as "kuih angku") were made by Aunt Ying, one of my mom's very close friends.
Frankly, I was there for more of my "physical strength" than my "selling skill". LOL ... Luckily Jho Yan was there. Hehe ... she was the salesperson while I carried the cakes and tarts in a small box. We did 2 rounds selling inside the BCH market (the event was held outside the market; it was Jho Yan's idea of taking some cakes and tarts to sell in the market itself) and we managed to achieve a sale of around RM200+.
Thanks Jho Yan!
Have to thank MOM too, for providing me with an opportunity to do some charity work and toned my arms. Hehe ...
.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.
I passed my FRENCH Basic User 1!!! with a mark of 63% ... Really need to work on my listening .. Only managed to get 8 out of ... 25! Sigh ... Anyway, will be going on to the next level in the July.
<><><><><><><>
Friday 27 June 2008 will be my last day physically at work ... if my boss agreed to it ... cos I need more time, perhaps 2 weeks, to complete my reports on 5 species of mushrooms. And when I am writing the reports, there is no need for me to be at Tg Sepat. YAHOO!!! But I will definitely go back there to hand-in the reports and also to say my goodbyes.
@@@@@@@@@@
MEI YEE! GANBATTE! JIA YOU! BONNE CHANCE!!!
JE NE PEUX PAS ATTENDRE POUR TON RETOUR!!!
(Direct translation: I can't wait for your return!)

No comments: