Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Mom's OK now =)

(Should have posted this long time ago. )
My mom went for hysterectomy to remove her cervix and uterus. Uterus was removed as a pre-caution measure. The surgery was supposed to take 2 hours but as the doctor later find out, my mom being slightly plump (actually his words were "your mother is so fat!", mentioned several over 2 days LOL) needed at least 4 hours to complete the surgery. Initially me and Mei Yee wanted to go into the operating theathre to observe the surgery but the operation theathre manager wouldn't allow us in because of the hospital's policy. Oh well ... anyway, the doctor actually kept the removed cervix and uterus in a container with formalin to show my mom the next day. Throughout the night, that container was in the room with us but we didn't know the contents. Have we known early, we would have taken lots of pictures. LOL ... I am so glad she discovered this early ...

No comments: